Once you join a Challenge, Ride Spot will check all incoming rides to see if they match a Challenge route. If a route matches, you will get an email notification saying you have completed it.
To participate with a Challenge using a GPS Device:
1. "Join" the Challenge on the web.
2. Export the GPX file by tapping on the "Save" button under the map and select "Download GPX" or "Download TCX". TCX will have turn-by-turn info if the route has them.
3. Import to your device.
4. Ride it!
5. Export the completed route file (GPX, TCX, or FIT) from your device to your computer.
6. Go to "Create" in the top menu, select "Import Completed Ride", select the Challenge route from your computer and import.
7. Under the map section, on the right, you'll see a toggle that says "This is a completed route". Check that box.
8. Save the ride. If you rode 90% or more, you'll get a notification and email that you've completed the Challenge.
9. If you want to share your Ride Story in the Social Feed, add your text and images and select "Share this Ride".